Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tis the Harvest Season!

It is harvest season in Cambodia. This is when everyone goes out to the rice fields, cuts the rice down, brings it back to their house, and beats the stocks until all the rice seeds fall off. Ming Own’s house has been rice harvest central. One day I was able to take some pictures. They were laughing that I found it interesting. But I was quickly told to move because it was super dusty and I would get sick.





Bpo and Niza saw that I was taking pictures and wanted their picture taken also.




Vann is wearing a Falcons hat that I gave him. I think he likes it, but that he thinks it’s the Georgia soccer team. Cambodia football equal soccer, and I haven’t quite been able to explain American football yet.





After the day of harvesting, they all sat and had dinner and beers together.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe little Miss Bpo is "striking a pose" - I can't wait to meet those little girls! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay, Bpo, Ha-ay! That girl's got some at-ti-tude! She's isn't acquiring that from her American neighbor is she?

    ReplyDelete