Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Swear-In Week

Not really sure how it happened, but somehow training is over and it is swear-in week! What does that mean? Well first it means that after Thursday, I will no longer be a Peace Corps Trainee, I will be a Peace Corps Volunteer. It means that next week I will move to me permanent site in Kampot. And my favorite thing… it means that I am in a hotel all week! And man-oh-man it is an awesome hotel. If you have skyped with me lately you have already hear my excitement about this hotel, but those who have not… Its got air conditioning, a shower (with hot water), tv (with HBO), black out curtains, and internet in my room! It is indeed a little piece of heaven.

Sadly my first night was not as wonderful as I was hoping. Yesterday I received my seasonal flu shot, and last night I suffered the consequences. I had a fever that kept me up with extreme sweating followed by chills, and then more radiating heat. I am hoping it was just a one night event because it was not enjoyable, however if there was a time to have a fever it is when I am staying in an air conditioned room. Before the night of “revenge of the flu shot” I had a good night. Phnom Pehn has so many options of restaurants and places to eat it is really fun to go out and eat. A group of us went out for pizza. We got a sundried tomato and a meat lovers (which had surprisingly little meat on it). Then we went and got frozen yogurt. I got “Death by Chocolate” with chocolate syrup on it. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment