Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Tany Health Center


Monday through Friday from 8 am to 11 am I can be found at the Tany Health Center. Everyday I ride my bike to the Health Center (about a 3 kilometer bike ride) and set up a health education table. The table has pamphlets, posters, and booklets on various topics.

I usually hang out near the maternity ward and talk to the pregnant mothers that come in. I mostly focus education on the topics that are the common causes of death in Cambodia (maternal death, diarrhea in children, and respiratory infections in children). Educating people on danger signs and when they should seek medical attention.

By 9:30-10 all of the patients that are going to come have come and gone, so then it is time to chat it up with the staff. We usually talk about food, boyfriends, and how hot it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment