Wednesday, July 7, 2010

12 days to go!




It is getting down to crunch time... only 12 days left until I go to staging.

Very early on the 19th I fly to San Francisco, where we have staging and I get to meet everyone! Then on Tuesday we all fly to Hong Kong. Which will effectively be the longest flight I have ever been on! But I am hoping that it will be a chance to get to know other volunteers, which will make the 13 hours and 45 minutes go by a little faster. Then it's a hour flight to Cambodia!

It's getting so close to my departure date that I have already had my send-off party! On Saturday the 3rd, my family and friends all got together for a "Cambodia Party". It was great to see everyone, and it made me feel very loved because of how supportive everyone was. I even had two (that's right, TWO!) America cakes! Both were very good, and I had multiple pieces of :)

No comments:

Post a Comment