Saturday, August 21, 2010

America is calling!

8/17/10
I had a stressful day today. Really only because our days are jammed packed, I didn’t sleep well last night, and language class didn’t go well for me today… but then my sister called!! It was beyond great to hear her voice. But of course I forgot all the things I wanted to tell her.
For example… there is a piece of trash (it looks like a candy wrapper) that says LUSH and I see it every time I brush my teeth and think of her. And how the flannel shirt she helped me pick out at target is my dinner shirt, that I wear every night at dinner. And that I can’t wait till she visits because she will fit into all the cute Cambodian miniature-size clothes, every time I go to the market I make mental notes of things she should get.
After I talked to Lindsey, I went for a run. It was the first time that I had exercised in Cambodia and it required a lot of explanation to my host family. Cambodians don’t typically run for exercise, so they are very interested when “bor-rungs” do this. (“Bor-rung” is Khmer for a French person, but this is what they typically call a white person.) When I got back to my house, one of my host sisters stretched with me, and then I took a bucket shower. Now I am sitting on my bed watching a dvd of Friends and pre-writing my blogs so that the next time I have internet I can do a mass update!

1 comment:

  1. That was me! It was so wonderful to talk to my sista-friend. I am so proud of you and think about you all the time... I wonder if you feel my mental texts? Because I think of them daily! I wasn't sure I'd get to talk to you when I called, but just had the urge! So glad it worked out because it was the greatest way to start the day ever!

    ReplyDelete