Saturday, August 21, 2010

One month down

8/20/10
It’s Friday!! Even though we still have language class and scheduled activities on Saturday, I am still excited because on Sunday we are going into Khampong Chham! I already have plans to go to the PCTs (Peace Corps Trainees) favorite western restaurant and internet café, called the Smile! I am so excited to get to skype, facebook, check email, and eat pancakes with nutella and bananas.
And it has been just over a month that I have been in Cambodia! It feels like I have been here forever, and it feels like I just got here. The PCTs all had our permanent site interviews this week. This is when the peace corps staff come and ask us questions and get details related to the site that we will be placed for the next two years. And next Saturday we find out where we have been placed! After we find out our site, we go and visit our site and meet our host family. Then we stay with our permanent site host family for 3 days, as a dry run for what the next two years will be like. I am pretty excited that this time next week I will know my site!

No comments:

Post a Comment