Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hotel stay!!

Hi there! I am writing from Champong Cham right now. Peace Corps brought us here for a seminar day then we get to spend the night at a hotel here. Which i am very excited about a shower that does not require a bucket and a toilet that also does not require a bucket... and internet! It is also great to see all the other peace corps kids and speak english!
Then tomorrow we are all breaking up into small groups and visiting current PCV's at their sites. I dont know where I will be going, but it will be nice to get some kind of idea of what the next two years will be like.
I am hoping to do a better update later, this was a surprise internet access so i dont have all the things that i was going to post.
As far as where I have been for the last two weeks... i have training in Prey Chhor. It is one of the bigger training sites. My village is very small but only a short bike ride to a lot of places! Out my bedroom window I see a rice field, and another rice field. it is a beautiful view. The sunrise is my favorite though, and yes I do see the sunrise every morning because 1) Cambodians wake up very early and 2) it's very bright and 3) the chickens wake up at 4 so I wake up at 4! And yes, I do go to bed very early to make up for it!
I do have an address but not with me right now because i wasnt expecting a computer to be around, but that's to come!
My host family is very nice, and always concerned about me. I have a host mom and dad, and three host sisters (ages 12, 9, 7ish), with two (for example: I had an allergy attack and they wanted to call PC Medical Emergency because they didnt know what was wrong with me) dogs (which I think are theirs but really they just come and go as they please).
I gotta run, todays seminar is on potential diseases we may get. Some what depressing, concerning, but it has everyones attention! Hope all is well at home. The plan is to do a better update later while I am at a hotel! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see a picture from out that bedroom "window!" Keep making those memories that are never to be forgotten - What an experience! I love you and I'm so proud of you. Love, Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, taylor...you're amazing! and such an inspiration. i'm looking forward to reading all about your adventures! love, cousin emily

    ReplyDelete