Saturday, August 28, 2010

Permanent Site

Today I learned where my permanent site will be...
Kampot province in Angkor Chey district! I was given a paper that gave the run-down on my new host family: my host dad is 29 and a nurse at the local Hospital, my host mom is a midwife at the hospital and they have a two year old child. They live on a paved road and have two houses, they are letting me live in the smaller one while they live in the other. My host dad is the son of the village chief. My family owns 20 chickens and 2 pigs that live behind the house.
Tomorrow I am traveling to Kampot and then on Monday I will meet my host family and stay with them for a few nights. It is kind of a test run of what the next two years will be like. But I will not move there for another 3 weeks, I still have to pass my language test and be sworn-in.
After I visit I will have some more details to dish out!

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, just got caught up on all your posts. How exciting! Your permanent site sounds ideal and I'm sure you will do amazing things while you are there. Reading everything makes me miss you so much. GOOD LUCK! And I look forward to keeping up to date on all your adventures. Love you! Libby

    ReplyDelete